mission & history
West Side Recreation & Park District was established on November 10, 1947 (under the name of West Side County and City Park, Recreation and Parkway District). WSRPD was established to serve approximately 407 square miles on the west side of the County of Kern. Currently, WSRPD serves the following School Districts: Taft City School District, Taft Union High School, Taft Community College, Elk Hills School District, McKittrick School District, and Midway (Fellows) School District.
WSRPD MISSION STATEMENT
"The purpose of the West Side Recreation & Park District is to provide a well-rounded, wholesome program of leisure time activities for people residing in the District. This may be accomplished by acquisition and development of park and recreation center areas, the development of supervised programs, construction and management of recreation facilities, and cooperative efforts with other agencies in the areas in which they provide like services."